Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day one bird list

Well, as I prepare to get to bed for a 6am wake-up call to go to Niagara and hunt for rare gulls, I leave you with the birds I saw today. Not a big list, but I really wasn't searching. These ones just happened to present themselves to me today.


PRBY - Jan 1, 2011



Rock Dove
Mourning Dove
European Starling
American Kestral
Red-Tailed Hawk
Black-Capped Chickadee

The bird of the day was the American Kestral. It was a male in all his Blue-grey and rusty brown glory. Sadly, he was hunting in a field that was about to be raped and turned into a mega neighbourhood called 'Chestnut falls' or something stupid like that. Next year, he'll need to find food elsewhere.


Looking forward to tomorrows trip, all except the part about leaving at 6am.


Paul Riss
Punk Rock Big Year

No comments:

Post a Comment