Thursday, March 29, 2012

Work, Work, Work!

Seems all I do is work and cough these days. I haven't been birding in a couple weeks. This is killing me. BUT, I am spending as much time watching raw footage for Punk Rock Big Year in any tiny bits of free time I might have here and there. There's an awful lot of footage to tear through and I am making some headway but not as quickly as I'd like to. My time is so eaten up by day trips to NYC for a meeting (Yes, I leave my home at 5:45am to get to the airport, Fly to NYC, go to a meeting until 6pm, then eat quickly and go back to the airport, wait on Air Canada's flight delays and usually arrive home again about midnight. Not so fun). Then there's the business of thinking of new ways to sell things to people. Don't get me wrong, I do like my job but like any high-stress career, sometimes it can be a real killer. Top that off with a sick son, daughter, wife and even myself and you have a recipe for feeling defeated. Anyway, enough crying like a baby; while viewing footage, I came across this bit from last spring where I was birding and Margaret Atwood, yes, the famous Canadian writer, tweeted about me and PRBY. I was a bit excited. She's kind of a big deal. Enjoy a tiny bit of the film. Plus, I'm including a very short clip from the trailer with music by Bradley Mac Arthur.





Punk Rock Big Year
Paul Riss

No comments:

Post a Comment